I've got round to putting my ROROX (Ruby on Rails on XAMPP) project onto RubyForge. They can hopefully provide more bandwidth and exposure for it than I can on my puny blog. I notice a similar project (Instant Rails) has masses of traffic (17,000 downloads), so hopefully I can attract at least a fraction of that. I'm also going through the rigmarole of announcing it on Freshmeat, notifying the XAMPP people, and adding it the the XAMPP Add-Ons repository (phew!).
For this release, I've upgraded Switchtower, added lots of explanation, included the compilation scripts after tidying them up, and compiled Ruby with tcltklib (a small addition to the tarball size, but useful in that it provides a more full Ruby - I use it as my only Ruby interpreter on my development machine, so I need as much of it turned on as possible). I did toy with finding a way of doing two compilation methods (one with all my gunk compiled in, one stripped down) but it adds so little overhead I decided to just keep it simple.